Ecomapping is a creative tool that helps small companies to implement environmental management , ISO 14001 and EMAS. This visual and practical tool helps SME managers and employees to analyse and manage the environmental performance of small companies and craft industries.
| What is Ecomapping?
The purpose of Ecomapping is to provide small companies and organisations with a free, visual, simple and practical tool to analyse and manage their environmental behaviour. It involves making a map of an organisationís site, for example, a shop floor, a workshop, an office, a community centre to create an understanding of an organisationís current environmental situation.
Ecomapping is not a goal in itself, but a process framework that helps to define and prioritise environmental problems and issues to act upon. Once completed, Ecomapping can serve as the basis for a wider environmental management system.
Ecomapping has several functions as :
- an inventory of environmental practices and problems ;
- a systematic method of conducting an on-site environmental review and audit ;
- a tool that allows employee involvement and participation ;
- a support for training and awareness, and to assist with internal and external communication ;
- an easy way to document and track environmental improvements ;
- a catalogue of immediate small positive actions.
Additional information :
Benefits & Potential limitations
Who can use Ecomapping?
Free download of the tool :
Download the Ecomapping brochure